Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something through our website. Purchasing assets through our links won’t cost you any extra money and will help fund the hosting and development of this site.
Quest Machine is a full-featured, extensible quest system that lets you add hand-written
and procedurally-generated quests to your project.
>> Demo | Manual | Tutorials
>> Free Trial
No scripting required.
Procedurally-generated quests: Create unlimited quests at runtime based on the actual state of the game world. Your players will always have something interesting to do!
Hand-written quests: Create any type of quest you can imagine, using an elegant node-based editor. You're not locked into a limited set of archetypes.
Powerful, flexible UI system:
• Dialogue UI: Offer, update, & turn in quests.
• Quest Journal: Review active and completed quests.
• Tracking HUD: Show quest progress.
• Alert HUD: Show alert messages.
• Overhead Indicators: Tell player when NPCs have quest-related dialogue.
• Gracefully handles switching between mouse, keyboard, joystick, and touch input.
Versatile quest control components: Control object spawning and quest states with an easy-to-use event-based system.
Advanced text handling:
• Give your characters unique dialects.
• Localize quest content and UIs.
• Import and export to CSV (e.g., Excel & Google Sheets).
Save and load: Save and load games, persist data across scene changes.
Broad platform support:
• Works great in 2D and 3D.
• Supports multiplayer games.
• Tested on Windows, Mac, WebGL, Android, iOS, Windows Store/UWP10.
Great programmer support:
• Includes complete, thoroughly-documented source code.
• Extensive scripting API.
• Easy starter templates to create your own quest conditions, actions, UI content, and reward systems.
Includes support for:
• Compass Navigator Pro
• Dialogue System for Unity
• DMMap Minimap System
• Emerald AI
• Invector Controllers
• Inventory Engine
• Inventory Pro
• Opsive Character Controllers
• ORK Framework