Particle Dynamic Magic URP ULTIMATE is a dynamic decal, particle and spline creation & manipulation framework that allows creative, performant and unique control of particles & gameobjects in Unity.
The system is the URP version of the combined Particle Dynamic Magic and Advanced FX Creator assets, which are for the Standard Pipeline. It includes the Particle Dynamic Magic system, the Angry Bots sample demo mini game and the Global Illumination Proxy system for emulating radiocity, all remade and converted for use in the URP pipeline.
IMPORTANT: The asset is in a 2 weeks -50% Initial Relese discount ($39.5 versus $79 normal price) and can be upgraded from either Particle Dynamic Magic or Advanced FX Creator for $5 during the sale. It is also advised to first buy Particle Dynamic Magic for $25 and then upgrade for $5 for a further price reduction to $30 overall. Also the asset is upgradable from Sky Master ULTIMATE for $15. The Offers end 9th June 2022. Users that bought the above three assets before this asset release may also contact me in Discord for further custom offers.
The new Particle Dynamic Magic URP version offers ultimate performance with Multithreading, Single pool distribution methods and custom Static/Dynamic batching.
Particle Dynamic Magic can process and create particles from Splines, images, meshes (static, moving skinned/animated, procedural), painted, propagated, projected and Shuriken positions.
Manipulators can interact with particles, alter their behavior by adding various types of forces (Gravity, Turbulence, Vortexes, Repel-Attract) and change their properties (e.g. color, size)
Splines are fully supported in play mode and can be setup for physics based effects (emulating tentacles, hair, rubber) and manipulation by the user directly in the game.
All features can be previewed in the editor and work together for combination effects. The Spline editor allows direct spline creation, editing and manipulation in both editor and play modes.
Prefabs for the effects are provided, together with 3 demo mini games that showcase the effects and provide an additional artistic value to the pack.
Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 Features:
-Enhanced performance,with Single Pool distribution for both particles & decals, enhanced Static/Dynamic batching, Multithreading & pooling.
-Dynamic Decals system, for the real time distribution of decals (e.g. bullet holes) with a per material option. Decals are completely dynamic and follow the transformations of the objects they are painted on and are painted correctly on the surface. Also they can manipulated by all forces like particles if required.
-AI particles, is a new module that allows gameobject particles to sense their environment and react to it, by avoiding obstacles properly or casting spells to enemies.
-Single Pool distribution system, allows the distribution of a single particle from multiple transforms, for ultimate performance in massive battles.
-Ribbons system, for connecting particle trajectories with mesh for performance enhancement and various kinds of effects.
-Dynamic grass, new grass decal shader, for ultimate performance in realistic grass shading. Spread grass on any surface and have it move with the new shader. Vertex and transparent varieties and samples included, with height variation & wind emulation-control.
-Local color & lifetime manipulation, for moving locally from one particle system to another on demand.
-2D particle axis lock and collisions, for easy particle manipulation on 2D games.
-Masked skinned & procedural mesh emission of gameobject particles,for growth of gameoject particles on specific body parts (e.g. feathers)
-New prefab manager for the v2.0 effect collection, that includes a particle scaling system and is easy to add custom effects by simply adding the prefab & an icon in specific directories.
-Spline performance enhancements and new emission modes & particle orientation controls.
-Aura effects enhanced, with new particle orientation controls.
-Image emission enhanced, with new controls and gravitate back to image mode.
-New ribbon based dynamic shield effects and controls.
-Special FX shaders for particles, give the ability to create detailed & spectacular effects with few particles, using inner particle variation, motion texturing and border control.
-Particle shadow receive system, that will properly shadow particles from all scene objects based on a reference light.
-More than 100 new advanced effects added for direct use, for a total of 300+ effects in the pack.
Particle Dynamic Magic v1.0 Features:
- Global forces, Gravity, Planar Gravity, Swirl and spin effects, Attract and Repel
- Turbulence with dynamic vortex creation (multithreaded)
- Spline particles with spline editor and dynamic play mode manipulation of splines
- Skinned animated / procedural / simple mesh and image based emission.
- Projection based emission and surface normal conformation for gameobjects.
- Gameobject scattering and emission (all particle effects apply)
- Particle painting & propagation (e.g. set on fire and catch fire effects)
- Terrain conformation for auras and grass/flower fields
- Dynamic lightning with auto targeting
- Masked mesh emission with normal conformation
- Transition manager for particle motion & changing among emitters
- Music module to make particles dance to the rhythm
- Advanced propagation and collision effects, particle to particle collisions, spray system
- Dynamic elements (fire melt ice, ice freeze objects)
- Dynamic water (with Refractive effects in Unity Pro)
- Cartoon and missiles pack included
- Effects optimized for mobile, all platforms supported
- Prefab Manager with over 200 ready to use effects
- Static & Dynamic Batching for gameobject particles
- Editor preview and multiple demos & prefabs for all effects
The framework is written in C# code and the source is provided.
If you have any requests for new features or feedback, please visit the Unity forum thread.
More info on the official website
For tutorials & latest information, visit the ARTnGame forum.