- NEW (10.16f) - Major update
- NEW (8.0f) - Motorcycle Module
- NEW (8.0f) - Arcade Module
- Easy and fast to set up using the VehicleSetupWizard. Turn a model into a drivable vehicle in under 30 seconds.
- Modular vehicle architecture. Enable or disable parts of the vehicle as they are needed, either manually or through the in-built LOD system.
- Powertrain solver that features excellent performance, stability, and physical accuracy.
- All aspects of the vehicle are adjustable at runtime - including suspension, friction, gearing, powertrain, etc.
- External module system. Add or remove functionality as needed. Modules are easy to write and can modify almost any part of the vehicle's behavior.
- Wheel Controller 3D (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/wheel-controller-3d-74512) is included and used by default. It is a highly popular replacement for the Unity WheelCollider with 3D ground detection, realistic behavior, and a high level of adjustability.
- Wheel Collider is supported, too, as well as any custom wheel solution implementing WheelUAPI.
- VehicleChanger with 1st person enter/exit functionality that works with vehicles from NWH Vehicle Physics 2, Dynamic Water Physics 2, and NWH Aerodynamics, meaning it is possible to exit a car and enter a boat or an aircraft.
- Per-wheel surface detection. Different friction curves, sounds, and effects for each surface.
- Easily extendible interface-based input system with support for standard Unity input, Unity's new Input System, Rewired, steering wheel, and mobile controls out of the box.
- Custom editors for all scripts make navigation through the asset easy. For this we developed NUI, an editor GUI framework, to keep the visual experience through the whole asset consistent.
- Support for 'Photon Unity Networking 2' and 'Mirror' multiplayer solutions.
- Highly optimized code runs on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Everything seen in the demos is included in the package.
- Full C# source code included.
- Powertrain model based on inertia, torque, and angular velocity ensures realistic behavior in all conditions. E.g. vehicle can be started by rolling it downhill, given that it has ignition and the clutch is engaged.
- Flexible component-based powertrain system.
- Engine with adjustable power curve, losses, rev limiter, forced induction (turbocharger or supercharger), and simulated fuel consumption (module). The engine can be stalled. Support for ICE and electric engines/motors.
- Clutch can be either manual or automatic, with adjustable slip torque and engagement. Releasing the clutch too fast will stall the engine.
- Transmission can be Automatic, Automatic Sequential, Manual, CVT, or External. Realistic gear ratios with adjustable shifting behavior make it suitable for any type of vehicle. Shift duration, variable shift points, incline effect, etc. are all adjustable at runtime. Supports an unlimited number of forward and reverse gears.
- Differentials - Open, Locked, LSD, or External. Any number and configuration of differentials are possible, be it FWD, RWD, AWD, 6×6, 8×8, etc.
- Wheels and Suspension are handled by WheelController3D which not only gives them 3D ground detection but also makes them highly adjustable. Spring and damper curves with bump and rebound damping, adjustable spring curves for progressive suspension, camber, anti-squat geometry, rim offset, inertia, drag, surface friction presets using modified Pacejka or completely custom curves, individually adjustable longitudinal and lateral friction, load/grip curve, adjustable ground detection resolution, etc.
- Axles - each axle can have one or more wheels. Each axle has adjustable steering (steer coefficient, Ackerman, toe angle), adjustable brake and handbrake strength, caster, and camber angles. Solid axles are supported.
Sound and Effects
- Damage affects vehicle performance and handling. Optimized queue-based mesh deformation that spreads processing over multiple frames.
- Sound system with master settings, AudioMixer and 15 different sound effects. AudioSources are set up automatically at runtime and no manual setup is required.
- Persistent, surface dependent, procedural mesh skidmarks.
- Vehicle lights with low beam, high beam, tail and brake lights and blinkers supported. Can be used with any number of lights of any type and/or emissive materials.
- Surface particle effects that are set up automatically and depend on the surface type.
- Exhaust smoke and exhaust flames.
- Support for the following input methods out of the box:
- Input Manager
- Input System (demo default)
- Mobile (on-screen) input
- Steering wheel input (with configuration for Logitech G29)
- Input is handled through a custom InputProvider system which makes implementing custom input methods simple.
- Flexible camera changing system that works with any camera script, including Cinemachine.
- Mirror and PUN2 support out of the box.
- Vehicle state that can be transferred through a single struct makes custom multiplayer implementations easy.
- Module system makes adding extra functionality to the fast and easy, with the code being similar to that of a typical MonoBehavior with familiar functions such as Update() and FixedUpdate().
- Following modules are included:
- NOS (boost)
- Cruise Control
- Flip Over
- Speed Limiter
- Trailer + Trailer Hitch
- Air Steer
Officially compatible with:
- Complete Terrain Shader (CTS)
- IK Avatar Driver
- Photon Unity Networking 2
If you have any questions, problems or suggestions you can contact us through email or Discord. Basic support is included in the price of the asset and we aim to answer within a few hours.
Demos - Documentation - Forum - YouTube - Discord - Contact Us