Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something through our website. Purchasing assets through our links won’t cost you any extra money and will help fund the hosting and development of this site.
Modular design allows you to add your own game features, effects, sounds, and art. 100% source code included.
*No Unity Pro license needed.*
There seems to be a bug with Unity's Packet Manager when importing this kit to Unity version 2018.3. A solution to this is to use a version of Unity Pre-2018.3 and then upgrade to 2018.3 so that you do not get a Packet Manager issue. I am sorry as I have no control over this and will remove this message when the Unity fixes the bug. Keep in mind whenever you update this kit make sure to always make a backup of the project you are working on FIRST!
If you are upgrading from the Starter Version I would highly recommend you treat this Pro Version as a new asset. There has been so much added and altered there will be conflicts with the Starter Version.
Also the Pro Kit uses Standard Assets which I was not able to upload due to Unity rules so I have information in the documentation so that you all can go and grab the Standard Assets I was using. It is laid out so this process will only take a couple of minutes to do. This is in the "Pre-Setups" section in the Documentation.
Create your own Top Down 2D RPG
- 100+ well documented, modular and fully customizable scripts
- A* Pathfinding for your player and enemies.
- Ability to set a game timer / clock cycle for your game.
- Lighting manipulation.
- Item Database.
- Quests System.
- Skills and Action Bars.
- Health to Heart display. See your health in a heart style or any image style you like.
- 3 Types of player movement: Multi-Directional, 4-Directional, 8-Directional
- 1 Multi-use Camera: Sliding Room Dependent and Follow Player in one.
- Player, Enemy and NPC logic and data structure ready to use and can be easily edited.
- State Machine Animations for your player, enemy and NPCs
- Display any type of sprite direction for your NPC and enemies
- Combat system
- Crafting System
- Immunity scripts for when taking damage.
- Ability to drop bombs (moms spaghetti) and display the amount of bombs in your UI.
- Ability to wear equipment and get stats from it and an easy way to reference your equipment.
- Create infinite amount of unique keys and display the number of the unique key in your UI.
- Create infinite amount of unique money (currency) and be able to display the amount of money left in your UI.
- Create Icon Displays above your GameObjects
- Scripts that help referencing important GameObjects making your life to change, add and remove easy as pie
- Customizable Inventory
- Customizable Tooltips
- Chest functionality
- Customizable Layering scripts
- Customizable Sprite Renderer Sorting Layer and Sorting Order scripts.
- Depth Layering
- Easily customize the spawning locations for your player in every scene
- Dialogue system
- Enemy movement scripts
- Ability to Save and Load your game.
- Multiple ways to scene transition system
- Customizable object push script, recreate the Zelda boulder push puzzles
- Customizable terrain sounds and visuals when moving through areas
- Customizable menu options and UI rescaling
- Documentation included
- 13 YouTube Videos Demos.
- 2 different art styles.
- All art and sound assets are public domain with the exception of Bleed's March (Attribution required)
- Build your top down 2D environments in days not weeks
- Use an existing demo scene to start building your game or pick and choose scripts and incorporate them in your existing games
- Music and SFX Management and the ability to set all your scenes background music with 1 script.
Import the package, setup your character movements and camera in minutes!
The Project is in ongoing development. More features will be released at a later date when I gather feedback from the users.