Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something through our website. Purchasing assets through our links won’t cost you any extra money and will help fund the hosting and development of this site.
The project is now free and pre-installed version is now available on GitHub snet-steam-p2p-multiplayer-shooter
IMPORTANT: You cannot use SNet for a non-Steam game
Welcome to SNet.
SNet is a network messaging solution for Steam P2P multiplayer, sends and receives the messages in Json format then handles.
It comes with third person shooter template includes multi-seat vehicles, ragdolls, explosives and many features.
You can download the demo and test at
SNet Web Site
Installation Video on Youtube
Uses Facepunch Steamworks
Facepunch.Steamworks on GitHub
- No server needed. It's peer to peer multiplayer. Uses Steam P2P networking via Facepunch Steamworks.
- Steam Matchmaking (Lobbies). Inviting players on Steam, auto join game.
- Steam Voice Chat.
- Valve Anti-Cheat, implemented as described in here https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/auth.
- Text Chat.
- Code is optimized & documented.
- Almost no lag. Low bandwidth on even a crowded game.
- Networking is similar with Unity.Networking. SNet_Animator, SNet_Transform, SNet_Rigidbody do their job but if it's necessary.
- SNet is not a compiled DLL, all scripts written in Unity with C#.
- Third person controller includes two layered player animator (Upper body and lower body).
- Item IK system. Different IK Settings on different bone structures is possible. You can find more information on this tutorial video Adding a new player character to SNet (Tutorial Video)
- 3 weapon types:
Throwable (Instantiates prefab. Used for Grenades, Rocket Launchers etc.)
- Multi-seat vehicles.
- Basic Car Controller.
- Includes basic helicopter controller for tutorial to implement your own vehicle contollers to SNet_Vehicle (Even a horse:))
- Ragdolled players.
You can test all of the listed features on the playable SNet demo. Please test it here before purchasing Demos on Google Drive
You can play this demo with people around the world. It act like default Steam game 'Spacewar'
But if the Steam test lobbies get crowded, Steam may not allow you to the game for a while. But you can try it at another time.