Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something through our website. Purchasing assets through our links won’t cost you any extra money and will help fund the hosting and development of this site.
Pack support unity:
- Unity 5.6
- Unity 2017
- Unity 2018
- Unity 2018 LW SRP
- Unity 2018 HD SRP
This pack contain 8 PBR mountain fir trees in 47 prefabs. (26 standard prefabs + 21 vegetation studio prefabs). Trees could be placed in forest (special forest tree versions) or as standalone. All trees work perfectly with unity terrain and Vegetation Studio system (separated prepared prefabs). They are carefuly optimised and created from scanned data. Trees have low overdraw, drawcall usage and are very cheap in render. All trees contain very advanced wind shading. Trees could be overlayed dynamicly by snow, this feature also give you ability to adjust snow amount on trees at static scenes.
We prepared 3 kind of trees:
- normal : where 4 from 8 trees have 2 bark materials for cool blend at bark
- cheap where all trees have 1 bark material (less drawcalls) and all trees could use the same leaves and bark. This means that 8 types of trees will be batched together (very low drawcalls for whole forest).
- normal with snow
- cheap with snow
Please download version for 2017 on unity 2017+ and 5.6 at unity 5.6. Shaders for trees are compiled separately for both engine versions (unity changes). Set linear render or adjust (decrease colors) for gamma.
All cheaper version of trees could be batched togerther so drawcall usage will be decreased dramaticly even with 8 types of trees at the scene.
In our pack you will find 4 aspects:
1) Different stages of trees like:
- 2 big standalone
- 2 forest trees (less tri and shadows on the ground)
- dead tree
2) Group of textures for trees (compressed in Albedo/Alpha; Normal; Metallic/AO/Smoothness) for cheaper gpu render and less memory usage:
- snow set (5 textures)
- 7 bark sets (24 textures)
- leaves (3 textures)
- 8 cross texture sets (24 textures)
- All shaders support vegetation studio instanced indirect out of the box
- 2 Cross shaders (no snow, snow),
- 4 Bark shaders (metalic, metalic snow, specular, specular snow)
- 4 leaves shader (metalic, metalic snow, specular, specular snow)
- snow is dynamic so tree could be covered at runtime.
- dynamic snow realtime update at vegetation studio need additional script to acces into VS coppied materials..
- you could adjust snow amount and snow distribution by 2 values (snow amount, snow treshold).
4) Advanced and cheap in render wind shading:
- new wind system which generate epic result available from 1.5.v of this pack.
- wind will be shared between our all assets
- wind works 1:1 like in HD SRP
Fir Trees LOD'S and triangles:
750/340/ 8 (cross)
3900/1800/900/400/ 8 (cross)
All textures are high quality from scanned data. Resolution is from 1024x2048 up to 4096x4096. They look very good also at lower resolution setup. You could match them to your goals. As trees have shared materials and textures drawcall and gpu usage is very low so it's good to hold even high resolution textures because they don't cost much.
Note: We advice to use forest trees in forest to get better light and performance result and standalone versions on forest border and sometimes inside forest. This setup will give best visual and performance result.
Note2: In our screens we used our: Advanced Foliage Pack (grass and ground textures), Advanced Rock Pack (rocks and rock shader), CTS (terrain shading) and third party assets: Enviro (sky and light), Vegetation Studio ( foliage system)
Note3: LOD0 could be used in archviz, even with LP for such project type they look very realistic. Scanned data and sculpted details gives realistic looking.
Note 4: Demo from forest video is available under this LINK
To open our demo you need::
- River Auto Material;
- Vegetation Studio;
- Advanced Rock Pack;
- Advanced Foliage Pack;
- Mountain Trees - Dynamic Nature;
- CTS Complete Terrain Shader;
Link to all assets are below.
Pack contain ported wind from Unity 2018 HD SRP into lower unity versions and LW SRP this means that asset uses: NMWind.cginc ,NMWindNoShiver.cginc ,NMWind.hlsl, NMWindNoShiver.hlsl, NM_Wind.cs, ShaderWindSettings.cs, 3DNoise.psd, GustNoise.psd under Unity Companion License see Third-Party Notices.txt file in package for details.
Feel free to contact and visit us at:
You could also look at our other packs:
River Auto Material
Lava & Volcano Environment
Terrain Stitcher Tools
Multiple Terrain Brush
CTS terrain shader
PBR Graveyard Pack
Advanced Rock Pack
Advanced Foliage Pack
Photo Scanned Park Assets
Dynamic Nature Starter
Realistic Grass Pack
Mountain Tree Pack
Winter Ground Pack
Landscape Ground Pack
Landscape Ground Pack 2
VR & FP Models:
VR Hands FP Arms