Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something through our website. Purchasing assets through our links won’t cost you any extra money and will help fund the hosting and development of this site.
NatCorder is a lightweight, easy-to-use, full-feature video recording API for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows. With NatCorder, you can record the screen, a specific game camera, a texture, raw pixel data, and so on. You can also record game audio from audio sources, listeners, and custom sources. NatCorder is heavily optimized for speed with a low memory footprint. Features include:
- Blazing fast. NatCorder is heavily optimized performance following from design breakthroughs we made when developing NatCam.
- Record anything! By anything, I mean anything and everything that can be rendered into a texture. Whether it’s a game view, UI, a camera, or a texture—?NatCorder can record it.
- Custom resolutions. Record with resolutions as high as Full HD (1920x1080) and even higher on devices that support it.
- Control quality. Optimize the recording for file size or bandwidth by specifying the recording bitrate and keyframe interval.
- Record animated GIF's. In addition to recording MP4 videos, NatCorder can record animated GIF images on iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows.
- AR support. NatCorder has full support for Vuforia, ARCore, and ARKit.
- Full access. NatCorder will record directly to the application documents directory and provide the path to the video.
- Offline Recording. NatCorder supports recording in a for-loop. This is especially useful for transcoding applications.
- Experimental WebGL support. NatCorder also comes with an experimental WebGL backend that runs on most modern browsers.
-Experimental HEVC support. NatCorder has experimental support for recording with the H.265 HEVC codec on iOS, macOS, and Windows.
- Lightweight package. The API is specifically designed not to add unnecessary baggage or overhead to your project.
Check out the forum here.
Check out the written tutorials:
1. Unity Recording Made Easy
2. Audio Workflows
- Unity 2018.3+
- Android: API Level 21+
- iOS: iOS 11+
- Windows: Windows 10+, 64-bit only
- macOS: macOS 10.13+
- WebGL: Chrome 47+, Safari 27+, Firefox 25+
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org