Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something through our website. Purchasing assets through our links won’t cost you any extra money and will help fund the hosting and development of this site.
PathFinder 3D is fast and easy-to-use solution for pathfinding in the real 3D space.
We make it possible by using a specially modified version of an A* pathfinding algorithm or wave-trace algorithm
- Ability of pathfinding in three-dimensional space of any complexity and size;
-Multi-leveled spatial graph
- Ease of tuning and using;
- High pathfinding performance;
- Use of multithreading. All necessary computations are being executed in parallel threads;
- There is an ability to optimize and smoothen the found trajectory;
- Built-in solution for moving along the found path;
- Built-in solution for pursuing moving targets;
- Ability to choose between more fast search and less length of the way;
- Demonstrative examples of using;
- Full documentation and user’s manual;
- There are lots of user API functions that make control of pathfinding and object moving more easy;
- There are a state machine and event system, which allows us to control object easier;
- Tool for serializing/deserializing spatial graph;
- Multiple spatial graph levels with different cells size.
Features to be implemented:
- Implementation of local avoidance;
- Implementation of dynamic obstacles;
- Improving path optimization algorithms;
- Expanding user API.
This solution is best suitable for:
- Aircraft control;
- Spaceship control;
- Smart birds, flies and dragons control;
- Homing missiles and etc.
PLEASE NOTE that our solution is not suitable for controlling objects that cannot fly!
Attention! The asset DOES NOT compatible with following platforms: UWP, WebGL. Support for these platforms may be implemented in the future.
Following on this link, you can view the forum thread devoted to the asset. On our website you can download a demo to see the PathFinder 3D in action!